Here's the latest from our construction sites!
Brentwood Road Updates
- September 7.2019 - Rough plumbing inspection passed, framing inspection scheduled for 9/9/19, rough wiring to about 90% complete. Completed construction on the porches, poured footings for the porch stairs. Await rough electrical inspection, after which insulation will be installed and inspected. Then we will be ready to hang the drywall.
- August 31, 2019 - See the Long Pond Road update below!
- August 24,2019 - More than 15 folks from CrossFit Kells, Duxbury, joined the regulars at Brentwood Road and finished installing the vinyl siding and did extensive site clean up. All left saying they'd be back again to hang sheetrock!
August 10th, 2019 - Our Brentwood build is moving along! This past weekend 7 volunteers continued with the vinyl siding, the interior framing and the front porch railings. We expect the siding and the front porch railing to be completed next weekend. This project needs volunteers, especially since some of the dedicated volunteers will be returning to college soon! Sign up if you can help out!
- August 3rd, 2019 - 7 volunteers, with Sean as site supervisor, finished the vinyl siding on the south side and worked on the porch railings. This project needs volunteers, sign up if you can help out!
Long Pond Updates
- September 7, 2019 - At 863 Long Pond Road we finished framing the first floor walls and installed the second floor deck. Next week we start framing the second floor walls and roof.
- August 31, 2019 - Literally scores of professionals from the construction field, thanks to Matt Glynn of Glynn Electric and Ward Jaros!, as well as all regular Brentwood Rd. volunteers came together at the Long Pond Road site to help frame Veteran Jennifer's future home. We are so grateful for all who showed up to help this project along!
- August 24, 2019 - More than 20 volunteers came to help out. Veteran and future home owner, Jennifer, helped with the first wall raising of Allison and Taylor's family's future home and the foundation at #867 was back-filled and had sill plates installed.
- August 10th, 2019 - We made progress on all three homes!:
- #863's first floor deck was completed and is now ready to have the walls framed.
- #865 had the sill plates and main beams installed. The first floor deck will go in next week.
- #867 had the foundation footings poured and forms erected, and await inspection so concrete can be poured.
- August 3, 2019 - 13 volunteers with Doug as site supervisor and all hands were on deck, literally, as they completed 80% of the first floor deck at #863. They also cleaned up the site and next week's plan is to complete this first deck and start the deck on #865. The third foundation is expected to be poured by DAM Concrete.
More volunteers are welcome and encouraged to jump in on the building of both the Brentwood and Long Pond builds!
If interested, please visit our volunteer site here!
See archived updates by clicking HERE