HABITAT HERE & NOW: COVID-19 RENT RELIEF PROGRAM
Each and every day, Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth is dedicated to the mission of providing decent, affordable housing in our community. In recognition of the significant, destabilizing effects that COVID-19 has brought to so many residents in our area, HFHGP has created a new emergency rent relief program to help low-income individuals who have suffered job loss or wage reduction due to this pandemic and are having difficulty with rent payments.
Through this program, entitled “Habitat Here & Now”, we will provide $500 - $1,000 in one-time financial assistance for low-income renting households, for the sole purpose of rent relief.
All funds approved through this program will be distributed directly to landlords by HFHGP. Applications will be evaluated on a rolling basis, with a deadline of July 22, 2020. Evaluation will consider greatest need, with special consideration to households with children or disability.
Funds are limited and are expected to run out. We encourage all eligible residents to apply as early as possible.
• Applicant must reside in a rented unit in Plymouth, Carver, Kingston, Middleboro, Lakeville or Plympton.
• A complete application is required, including documentation of current income level, proof of job/wage loss, and proof of residence (see application for details)
• Applicant must have suffered job termination or wage reduction directly related to the impact of the COVID-19 crisis
• Applicant must be low-income qualified, according to HUD. Gross income can be no more than the following:
* 1 person: $47,600
*2 people: $54,400
*3 people: $61,200
*4 people: $68,000
*5 people: $73,450
*6 people: $78,900
• Click here to download an application. For those who can not download or print at home, please contact us for a mailed hard copy.
• Email completed applications and supplemental material to firstname.lastname@example.org (Word, PDF or photos of pages acceptable). Email is the fastest form of submission and review but applications can also be mailed to:
Habitat for Humanity of Greater Plymouth, PO Box 346, Carver, MA 02330
• Applicants will receive notification of outcome no later than August 5, 2020
QUESTIONS: For questions or more information, please contact email@example.com or (508) 866-4188, ext 240. Email communication is preferred.
This program is supported through a generous grant from the Community Foundation of Southeastern Massachusetts